Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers


 Happy belated Father's Day to all the Dads, Step-Dads, Father-In Laws, Grandpas, God-Fathers, and so on...
For Father's Day my family and I treated my Father to Freddy's because he was curious about it ever since they opened a few months ago in the shopping mall not to far from where I live. I thought it would be nice for him to try it before he left for his big trip with his buddy. And of course he enjoyed it, and so did the rest of my family. I wouldn't say it was special, I didn't hate it but it was okay, it was just a more expensive 50s themed fast-food restaurant with a drive-thru.



There really isn't much to say (or type in this case) about Freddy's because there really is very little that distinguishes it from other burger places, other than they use steakburgers. We did walk inside the place first, 5 seconds later we headed back out before we lost anymore blood from our ears and drove up to the drive-thru window. I have been to more rock concerts that were more quite and calm than this place. Even though I wasn't inside for very long, I saw enough of the inside to know they were going for "blah". Everything was red and white only and I mean "EVERYTHING" from the floors to the uniforms and the building itself. At least at McDonald's the interiors have a broader color palette. Its a no brain-er! The interior of your restaurant is just as important as how good your food is, and clearly they really don't care about their customer's comfort. As I said earlier it has a 50s theme to it, the 50s died a long time ago burger industry, JUST LET THEM REST IN PEACE ALREADY!!!! If you plan to visit Freddy's, just save your eyes and your ears by going through the drive thru.

Now the burgers and fries are the only thing that does set this burger joint apart from the other burger joints. From the pictures the burgers didn't look very good at all, they looked like shredded meat that was somehow put together. I ordered their #1 Combo (Original Double burger with fries and a Pepsi) and I really liked it. The steakburger was really different from a regular burger made from ground beef, it tasted just like a really tender steak. Hardly greasy, not enough to make you sick or cause your bun to collapse from the grease soak. Their fries are also unique, they are really thin. Thinner than shoestring fires, like the potato equivalent of onion strings you would get on a steak but not curly. Their fries are also crispy but still manage to have some softness when you chew. The food isn't the greatest but it's not the worst. I still prefer Smashburger or Five Guys for better burgers and fries, but I will keep Freddy's in mind if want something fast that is close by.

If you want to try a different fast food burger and fries then try Freddy's just drive up to the drive-thru window if want to enjoy them.
          

1 comment:

  1. Well well, the blog updates, bringing a first glimpse into what we can expect from such an established blogger.
    Sadly, the only thing that draws my attention is wherein you make note of how the restaurant made blood spout from your ears. Fantastic sarcasm by the way, I most certainly didn't want to roll my eyes at your overdone exaggerations, no sir. The problem as is, is that you didn't cite any reason for noise. Did the employees yell at you? Did the chairs squeak? Was there music playing at a loud volume? What' the big issue with noise anyway? Are you really so picky and impatient so as to not be able to sit and bear with some loud music for 10 minutes, and save on the time and gas to go through the drive-through?
    Not very gracefully done, watch what you attempt to do with your cuisine critiques.

    ReplyDelete